Jump to: navigation, search

Main Page

Revision as of 01:47, 1 May 2011 by Lph (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)


The Chemistry Book is a wiki written for high school students located in California or students using the textbook entitled World of Chemistry by Zumdahl, Zumdahl, and DeCoste. All materials were developed to correlate with the Chemistry Content Standards for California.


TCB Featured Scientist

Thomas Samuel Kuhn (1922-1996) was an influential philosopher of science of the twentieth century after suggesting science progresses through stages of stability (normal phases) and academic revolutions.<ref>Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy</ref>His 1962 work entitled The Structure of Scientific Revolutions is a seminal work on scientific change and popularized the term paradigm. <ref>The Tech online edition. MIT.</ref>

Recently added biography on TCB
Henry MoseleyJean Baptiste PerrinEvangelista Torricelli
TCB Featured Chemistry Video

<youtube>xwKpXEUds0c</youtube>

TCB Featured Article
Main article: Absolute zero

Absolute zero is the zero point temperature in Kelvin and Rankine temperature scales in which there is no motion. As heat is added to the system then motion increases, and may be measured by a thermometer.
Recently Added Article on TCB
MolalityLearning chemistryNuclear decay
TCB Featured Element
Main article: Chromium

Chromium was discovered by Louis-Nicholas Vauquelin. It is a steely-gray, lustrous, hard and brittle metal which takes a high polish, resists tarnishing, and has a high melting point. The elements name originates from the Greek word, chrōma, meaning colour, because many of its compounds are intensely coloured. Chromium metal is of a high value due to its high corrosion resistance and hardness. A major development was the discovery that steel could be made highly resistant to corrosion and discoloration when adding metallic chromium to form stainless steel. This application, along with chrome plating currently comprises 85% of the commercial use for the element, with the application for chromium compounds in the remaining 15%.
Recently Added Article on TCB
Primordial elementsTrace radioisotopeSynthetic elements
TCB Latest News
Main article: Archived News

Information bullet.png June, 2010: News has been moved to WordPress installation as well as wiki edits now show in the activity stream.





Do you see an error on this page? Please create an account and help us edit this page. Your help is greatly appreciated.