Information on this page has been moved.
Please do not make any changes or additions to this page.
PLEASE SEE THE MAIN GLOSSARY PAGE.
- Atomic mass-The average mass of all nuclides of an element
- Avogadro's number-The number (6.022x10^23) of atoms, molecules or particles found in exactly 1 mole of substance
- Balanced equations-when the mass and the charge are balanced on both sides of the reaction.
- Chemical formula-a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements
- Chemical reaction-a process that results in the interconversion of chemical species
- Coefficients-a number in front of a variable
- Denominator-the bottom part of a fraction
- Dimensional analysis-
- Equation-A representation of a chemical reaction
- Exponents-a number on the top right of another number denoting the power in which that number is to be raised
- Grams-A metric unit of mass equal to one thousandth (10-3) of a kilogram
- Isolation of variables-
- Isotopes-Two or more forms of atoms of the same element with different masses
- Metric conversions
- Molar mass
- Molecular mass
- Molecular weight-The mass of one molecule of a nonionic substance in atomic mass units.
- Oxidation number-Arbitrary numbers that can be used as mechanical aids in writing formulas and balancing equations
- Oxidation-reduction reactions
- Percent yield-
- Principle of conservation of matter
- Reactants-Substances consumed in a chemical reaction.
- Rules of significant digits
- Scientific notation
- Stoichiometric calculations-Description of the quantitative relationships among elements and compounds as they undergo chemical changes.
- Theoretical yield-Maximum amount of a specified product that could be obtained from specified amounts of reactants
Do you see an error on this page? Please create an account and help us edit this page. Your help is greatly appreciated.